We have come a long way from our simple beginnings, but one thing has never changed: Tokeneke is and always will be a family club, with emphasis on family fun.

Find Out More

At the turn of the century a Darien real estate development named after a local Native American chief, Tokeneke, realized they needed a waterfront bathing facility to enhance their properties. In 1903, a two-story bathhouse called the Casino was built on the spit of land between Butlers and Contentment islands.

A formal deed of incorporation was signed in 1907 and the Tokeneke Club was born.

Read More